13 Jan 2013

Making Room for Baby

This weekend we make room for bub. I've been making room in my belly for bub for a while now (26 weeks in fact), but we haven't made a physical space for 'it' yet.

We currently live in a 2-bedroom apartment, but one of the bedrooms is currently servicing as a kind of storage unit. Boxes, the pieces of a spare bed, desks, wine... not really conducive to a nursery. So today we moved those bits into a storage unit (a proper one this time), just in the next block.


Though it's been difficult, we have resisted buying anything, furniture-wise, for bub until we have a space for it all. To be honest, I can't even picture what we need until the space is clear anyway. Something like the physical space reflecting my mental space. Or something like that.

Anyway, once we're done, then we can organise the essentials. We are lucky to have one of the grandfather's-to-be making a change table for us, and the other grandfather-to-be helping with a re-paint furniture DIY. I am really looking forward to this new space. Considering I will be spending a lot of time in here - feeding, reading, changing, playing - so I want to make it as clean, cosy, comfortable, bright, happy, practical as I can.
I have lots of ideas, and at least 3 more months to get it sorted, so we'll be fine.

Fun times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment