29 Oct 2013

Baking for the Brain

I did wonder why I was baking so much around Ivy being born, and well after. Even now I love baking muffins, bread or biscuits. I always said it was the therapy of doing something in a short period of time that works. Very satisfying to complete something, when everything else is a bit chaotic.  

Monique Bowley (Great Australian Bake Off contestant, and clearly my favourite), puts it a lot better... 
"Life is complex and busy and crazy and overwhelming. Baking strips away all that bullshit and allows you to just focus on the simple pleasure of making something. It’s simple, meditative even. There is no room for compromise or interpretation; it requires you to follow the instructions for a result. Generally, that result is pretty great – it makes people happy and makes the house smell like a home. That’s why I love it. The world is a noisy place. More people should just shut up and bake a cake."
The whole article is here. Have a read and have a laugh. Then bake something.
♥ Es 

No comments:

Post a Comment